Last Updated: May 25, 2018
For the purposes of this document, Nova Solo Furniture Inc., Nova Solo Furniture LLC., & Nova Solo A/S hereinafter will be referred to as NovaSolo.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
If the NovaSolo Online Properties are acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to provide you with our services.
WHAT INFORMATION DO THE NOVASOLO ONLINE PROPERTIES GATHER?
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as a specific individual. “Other Information” is any information that does not identify you as a specific individual.
Personal Information We Collect
We and our service providers may collect the following Personal Information:
- Email address;
How We Use Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, including to contact you if necessary;
- To send to you important information regarding the NovaSolo Online Properties, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and other administrative information;
- To send to you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our products, services, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us;
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and Internet properties;
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties; and
How Personal Information Is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide services;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the NovaSolo Online Properties;
As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not identify you as a specific individual, such as:
- Browser information;
- Server log files;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Physical location of your device;
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you; and Aggregated information.
How We Collect Other Information
We use the term cookie to describe cookies and similar technologies such as tags and pixels. Cookies are small data files that websites place on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- To improve the performance of our websites by understanding which parts work well, and which don’t.
- To deliver relevant online advertising to you both on our websites and elsewhere. This is sometimes done by combining data that we already have about you with the data collected through Cookies. These Cookies are placed by us and selected third parties and enable adverts to be presented to you on our and third party websites.
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our websites.
What Cookies Do We Use?
We use the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary Cookies: These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They are necessary for the safety, security and integrity of the site. For example they help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to you, help to improve navigation and allow you to return to pages you have previously visited. This type of Cookie only lasts for the duration of the time you are visiting the website. When you leave the website they are deleted automatically.
Performance Cookies or analytical Cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These Cookies will remain on your device until you choose to clear it. If you choose to do this, you will need to enter your details each time you visit the site.
Targeting Cookies: These Cookies will collect information about your browsing habits and allow us to show you adverts while you are browsing our site and other sites on the internet. They are set by us or by carefully selected third parties. They help us to understand the performance of our marketing activities and improve the relevance of the adverts that you see
Blocking or restricting Cookies: You can stop Cookies being used on your device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to block the deployment of all or some Cookies. Please visit www.allaboutookies.org to find out how. Please note, if you use your browser settings to block Cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD PARTY SITES
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USAGE, DISCLOSURE OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (SUCH AS FACEBOOK INC.), ANY THIRD PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH CERTAIN NOVASOLO ONLINE PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE (SUCH AS APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.) AND ANY THIRD PARTY OPERATING ANY SITE TO WHICH THE NOVASOLO ONLINE PROPERTIES CONTAIN A LINK. THE INCLUSION OF A LINK ON THE NOVASOLO ONLINE PROPERTIES DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED SITE BY US OR BY OUR AFFILIATES.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your Choices Regarding Our Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, regardless of whether such information is collected by us through the Nova Solo Online Properties or otherwise. You may opt-out from:
Receiving promotional emails or catalogues from us: If you no longer want to receive promotional emails (such as information about new products, special offers and sales events) or catalogues from us, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by: clicking the “opt-out” link or sending us an e-mail stating that you do not want to receive any more promotional mails. We will respond to your requests as soon as is possible. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send important administrative messages to you, that you cannot opt out of. For example, we may continue to contact you to service your account or if required to do so by law or tax and accounting purposes.